Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, May 7, 2010

Power of words

Have you ever encountered a person who really challenges your thinking? One who stirs up something unknown in you. I'm talking about a word that instantly quickens you. It doesn't have to be good, it can be a negative stirring as well. I can give quite a few examples of people that have said something out of their anger or negativity that just pushed me. By that I don't mean defending myself or being pissed off. I mean walking away from it completely fired up and using it to rise to a new level in understanding, either about myself or that person. There is opportunity in everything we encounter.

I was reading an article earlier and these words

J U M P
E
D


off the page.

"When God speaks it is an EVENT which sets history in motion." Reinhard Bonnke

Those words snapped me to attention. I don't take God's words lightly. Now I'm not refering to the written Word, I'm talking about something more personal and involved. I talking about a response specifically designed for me. Words are creative acts. God's word is a creative ACT! It MOVES. Its a VERB! That gets me EXCITED!!! What He has spoken to me is MOVING. Its coming!!

What has God spoken to you, that is about to MOVE?

No comments: