Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 9, 2012

I LOVE the RAIN!


waiting

Everyday the sunrises beautifully!
Each new day I go about my life familiar
with what I know,
my world is reliable.
I expect the sun to rise, and for it to set.

Today is today,
tomorrow is another day,
rinse and repeat.

Now imagine with me,
beautiful sunshine filled days,
not just for one day,
but all day,
everyday,
every week,
every month,
every year!
{Sounds perfect right!}
So now, I (we are imagining together so you too)
have come to rely on the sun
consistently
to shine.
It is what we know~
our weather is predictable.
According to our
perspective
sunny days are great!
Dwell on that for a minute....



did you catch that
there has NEVER been
a rain forming cloud in the sky!

Its SUNNY all day, every day!
In this perspective, life is good
I am happy,
I do what I want.
I enjoy the beautiful weather
daily
without thought,
without consequence.
I am comfortable.

Then, SUDDENLY,
the Creator of the Earth
says
RAIN
is coming.

He wants me,(you, us)
to prepare for
the
RAIN.

RAIN????

What does RAIN look like?
What does it feel like?
What value does it have to my life?
I LOVE the SUN!
I mean, will I like the rain?
I don't know RAIN!
I only know the sun!
I am comfortable with the sun.
I don't really want things to change.

However,
I know the Creator,
I trust Him~
if he says it must come,
I will prepare for the rain
hmmm I may just
love the rain~


So I tell others,
the Creator says
its going to rain!!

The Creator says
its gonna
make all things new~

BUT No one believes me-
they have never heard of
the rain,
they laugh,
they feel sorry for me
they think I have gone
mad---
Sunny days come and go,
there is no rain in sight

but it doesn't stop me....

I am waiting for the RAIN!!

It's about to RAIN!!
Let it RAIN!!


The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


No comments: